Content Harry Potter

Reviews

impatientuser posted a comment on Tuesday 7th October 2008 5:22pm

This story rocks. I loved the reaction to the hat and the hat's own reaction. Looking forward to more. Thanks for writing =)

Jamey posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 9:28pm

I have to suspect that the Minds are currently more interested in the history of the wizarding world to learn how they hid themselves from the original survey, than they are in the Arithmancy books which should properly give them the initial mathematical outlines to properly characterize Magic.

I do have to wonder, though, if Magic might be something separate from the linkage to the hyperspatial grids that Harry has, and the static in the subspatial grid is secondary, or if Harry's connection to the superspatial grid might not be something new to the wizards, and therefore "The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not".

Time to re-read carefully and see if you left any clues, other than the over-jump Harry used to escape from the troll, rather than the under-jump he was more comfortable with, and that seemed to be blocked by the apparition wards...

(Hum... apparition - squeezing feeling - under-jumping - compression - over-jumping - expansion... ... ... Ok, maybe I'm over-thinking it...)

bluminous posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 11:05am

this is so cool..... i really really am impressed with this haha. cant wait for the next one. great writing! fantastic!

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Sunday 5th October 2008 10:43am

Would it even be called reading if the information is presented in one massive chunk? Are these minds (ships I believe) able to give such information to Harry, therefore letting him learn by memory dump? How interesting.

This is a great story and an excellent chapter. I like how you have Harry different, but with logical reason. You did good.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

jakjakattk posted a comment on Saturday 4th October 2008 5:29pm

It seems so long bettwen chapter but I still like to ready this story. I can't imagine what it really would have been like to see Harry kiss the hell out his mother, she must be really hot. I'm not sure if everyone caught it but the brother wands are out of the picture now, how will this effect the future? don't try to answer that. Harry also go put into another house but the thing that I would want to go over again would be the sorting. I wonder how the student will see this and how they will react in the coning years. will the coming years submit to the sorting or will the sorting hat have to talk to each one of the face to face to be able to sort them into their houses. the lies and cheating that could happen if that is the case.
I look forward to the next chapter so don't go flaking off!! LOL
Thanks for the story

Nelly posted a comment on Friday 3rd October 2008 10:12pm

Glad to see your back. Great Chapter.

Terdwilicker posted a comment on Friday 3rd October 2008 6:30pm

So good to see an update. With your child rearing I'm surprised to see an update. I figured this story was abandoned. I'm glad to see I was wrong. So, the next step is dealing with the HP-Voldemort conflict, and the Philosopher's Stone issues. After this, the typical PS resolution, done to death, and the usual Dumbledore apology (such as it is). What will make your version different?

Steven cornwall posted a comment on Friday 3rd October 2008 2:56pm

Well...
That was pleasant to read, I had worried that this would become the usual crossover people >HP Universe.
It looks like the lace simply makes it easier to use legilmency as it basicaly puts up signposts to whats what, I expect that if they used legilmency on either Sma or Harry they would be successful but they don't in fear that they would be caught.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Friday 3rd October 2008 10:42am

Yea! I'm happy to see an update. And a very good update, at that. Loved the shopping trip, the destruction of Olivanders, and the sorting. Really, really liked the sorting.

That should have some tongues wagging!

Thanks for the update. Good writing!

Tom A.

Rifty posted a comment on Friday 3rd October 2008 2:18am

I do like the fic it is terrible funny. I never read the other book series listed but it reminds me of some of the cultural difference shown in Larry Nivan's Known Universe. I hope the rest is as entertaining.

QChronoD posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 3:11pm

I don't think that I've come across anyone else that brought up the argument the Sorting Hat is raping the kids' minds. Definitely gives you something to think about.

morriganscrow posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 2:29pm

That was bloody brilliant!!
The culture clash is now getting personal - and Harry is glimpsing the inherent bullshit in both cultures. Isn't there a saying that the victors are the ones who (re)write history?
The scene with the Hat was excellent - a most unusual, but completely logical take on the Sorting.
This is, without a doubt, one of my most favorite stories, ever.

csktech posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 1:30pm

This story is so good, that if I could, I would chain you to your desk and feed your pizza and cookies until it was done.

Thanks for a great adventure

Kyle

csktech posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 10:08am

Im rereading this because it is one of the most unique HP stories that I have found, On par with or even exceeding Green eyes and Brown Coats.

Please continue this great story.

Kyle

Michael Cornfoot posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 10:06am

brilliant story so far

im very new to the "culture" as i have never read the books but the storyline is great

i cant wait to see the ramifications from harrys outburst in the great hall

if i may take a moment to write something that all authors hate in reviews - please update soon!

Longreach posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 9:06am

At last! At long last an update. I am not ashamed to say that when I saw that my favourite crossover fic of all time had been updated, I had danced a jig (in the office no less). A superb chapter, I could fully imagine the Hat wanting to have a go at a bottle of firewhiskey after that spat.

Mariposa posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 8:29am

Loved the chapter! And Harry kissing Sma like that in front of McGonagall! Brilliant! And then his confrontation with the Sorting Hat! I can't wait to see the fall out from that!

ChocoholicWriter posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 6:46am

lol, the conversation between Harry and the Sorting Hat was hilarious. I don't think I've ever read a fic where Harry argues with the Sorting Hat aloud and accuses it of mind rape. So funny. Kudos to you. Love it.

jilumasam posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 2:41am

Oooooh!!! Very Very nicely done!

dunedain714 posted a comment on Thursday 2nd October 2008 12:34am

All Chapters to date: a delightful read...despite not knowing anything about the Culture novels. This clash of cultures embodied in Harry is refreshingly unpredictable. The writing is as sharp as a knife-missile--at turns sarcastic, witty, heart-wrenching and funny. Keep writing. Thanks--Dane.