Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Chris Williams posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 11:59pm

Well, nicely written. I guess having an idea of who the heck the other part of the x-over would help understanding who is who.

sunrisesunset posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 11:19pm

It's great to see something emerge from your devious mind once more. I know how real life can get in the way, but don't forget that you've got a lot of fans here. Welcome back, Ruskbyte!

Oh, and an interesting start to the story. I haven't heard of Bank, but I'll see if I can find some of his novels in the local library.

HSRTG posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 9:47pm

As a fan of the Culture series, I have to wonder just how you're going to have very much conflict, honestly Harry has some literally nigh-omnipotent to Earthlings cavalry he can call upon. Oi vey.

Poor Quirrel. A decade from now really isn't going to be his year.

tmp059237 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 9:33pm

A good start, this is - even for someone not familiar with the crossover. Thank you for taking the quill again.

Chrisyansick@hotmail.com posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:55pm

Interesting premise... I am curious to see where you will take this. Perhaps the Hogwarts crowd not believing the existence of Aliens, as the Aliens do not believe in the existence of magic?

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:53pm

Awesome!

I can't wait to see more of this one. I rather like the idea of Harry raised by aliens :D.

David Stanley posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:38pm

Interesting start. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

MagyarEagle posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 6:48pm

I absolutely love this. I'm glad to see you're back, and I can't wait for more.

Leigh Robertson posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 6:45pm

I like it.
Want more . . . .

How will an owl get to outer space?

Will advanced Culture tech work in the Wizarding world?

Will Voldemort be atomized by a ray gun?

T.Zukumori posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 6:04pm

Very interesting. I knew nothing about I.M. Banks' novels, but after a few google searches, I think I get it.

For those who might be interested to learn more, you can read about the author at Wikipedia, or do a google search for this essay by the author "Iain M. Banks" entitled, "A Few Notes on the Culture." Quite interesting.

I am intrigued, and look forward to future installments.

Thanks for the offering, and I hope you have a Happy New Year.
-T.Zukumori

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 5:41pm

*laughs* Oh, my, this is going to be an interesting crossover, indeed. I can see why this advanced civilization would be so very, very interested in learning about and understanding Harry, he's clearly a representative of a level of ability, perhaps entire fields of ability, that they'd been unaware of. If they are also a long-lived bunch, he may also represent the first really novel even most have experienced and be treasured all the more for it.

I can't say I feel at all sorry for Dumbles, though, since he didn't really care enough to provide -real- protection.

'Twill be interesting to watch the interactions as the story continues, an individual use to the tools of a very high-tech civilization is not going to appreciate being limited, if he can be, to the traditional tools of British Wizarding Society.

impliedauthor posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 5:04pm

Interesting. I'll have to keep reading this. I've always wondered why in the world Dumbledore left a baby on a doorstep, doesn't seem very safe to me.

allen_f_ross posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:52pm

This does look interesting. Of course now I have to go and read the works you are crossing Harry Potter over with as I am not familiar with Iain M. Bank’s Culture novels.

noahshonor posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:06pm

Welcome back. Looking forward to more of everything.

Chris1 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:05pm

I don't know what the other universe is, but this story sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Welcome back! And Happy New Year!! :D

Chris

Kathleen posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 2:58pm

What an intriguing beginning! Hope to read more!

Amamama posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 2:49pm

Oooh, intriguing! I have no knowledge whatsoever of the universe this is crossing over into, but I don't care. I'm intrugued, and I want more. *grins* Seriously, this is an interesting take on the "happy childhood (at least non-Dursley) for Harry" genre. And I look forward to the reactions of Sma and her companions when they discover that magic is real. Cool start, very promising.

Happy new year - I look forward to the journey!

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 2:43pm

Interesting start.

I'm not familiar with Iain M. Bank’s Culture novels, but I have thought before that it would interesting to see the Wizarding World contrasted with an SF muggle world that had advanced to (or beyond) the level of current magic.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

KingDark posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 2:11pm

well, I thought that this had been posted a while ago, but with what other show/anime/cartoon whatever is this exactly?

I am guessing star wars maybe?

Could you contact me to answer that question?
thx

Kenny

greywizard posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 2:05pm

Now this is a crossover that I can't ever recall seeing being done by anyone. Definitely interested in seeing more of it. Hopefully, SOON! ;-)

Good job.