Content Harry Potter

Reviews

callista posted a comment on Saturday 23rd April 2016 7:56pm

I got into a conversation not too long ago about abandoned and on-hiatus fanfics, and it got me thinking, if I could choose 5 fanfics that I'd love to see continued, which would I choose? I think this would be one of them. I know it's been 8 years since you last posted a chapter, but it is such a great fanfic! I know this story will probably never be finished, but I keep hoping to see another chapter one day...

seiryu posted a comment on Sunday 3rd January 2016 4:42am

You have stirred my interest in Banks' novels. I really enjoyed reading this, and I'm hoping the Minds have the same feel they do as they did here. Cheers!

seiryu posted a comment on Monday 28th December 2015 6:06pm

I really like the Serious Callers Only. It has a very funny sense of humor.

Osmodious posted a comment on Thursday 15th January 2015 11:59pm

Bummer...this is a cool story, with some fantastic ideas...hope it gets completed one day!

Jonn_Wolfe posted a comment on Wednesday 24th September 2014 12:50am

I don't know a thing about Culture, but this is bloody brilliant and has severely tickled my funnybone. Too bad it's seven years gone. Would have loved to see the reactions to the rather verbal sorting.

zArkham4269 posted a comment on Wednesday 19th February 2014 6:23am

Wow, from Roake's Drift to Hogwarts. Good going Gonville!

adafrog posted a comment on Friday 19th July 2013 6:25pm

I love this!! I'm sorry it's not continued.

callista posted a comment on Thursday 8th November 2012 9:30pm

Thank you for posting this story, I always enjoy (re)reading it. I'm still hoping (foolishly, probably) that it will one day be updated again...

Tenchifew posted a comment on Saturday 5th May 2012 8:49pm

Absolutely fascinating and great story.

I do understand that chances of it to be continuing are slim to none, but I certainly would love to see more of this masterpiece.

Thank you very much for writing this.

Jaxie posted a comment on Tuesday 10th April 2012 7:23pm

I love this story!! Are you goint to continue writing it?

callista posted a comment on Wednesday 7th December 2011 12:50pm

Hi,
are you ever going to continue this story? I really love it (this must be the third time I read it), and I would love to read how Harry integrates in the school...

rimmington01 posted a comment on Tuesday 6th December 2011 1:10pm

I'd never have come up with this crossover, and now I've read (some of) it I can't believe how awesome it is/can be. The interaction between Culture-raised Harry and the (primitive, even by Terran standards) magical community looks only to become more interesting.

It is then with sadness and a little bit of frustration that I find this hasn't been updated in three years, and your news page in two. A little "I'm still alive!" post would bring joy to many hearts, I think. Just a suggestion.

Hopefully,

Rhys

P.S. A note of appreciation for your grammatical and prose skills. Too many good ideas are ruined by an almost unreadable execution.

Feno3000 posted a comment on Saturday 1st October 2011 2:55am

I don't know many Culture stories, but from what i've read you're dead on point. A really interesting perspective from which to look at the magic... and almost the incursion of Clarke's Law: »Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. « in that for the Culture magic is not really understandable with their way advanced technology...

I'd like to see more of this, even when after three years of hiatus the chance seems to be slim, but it is a very unique and promissing idea that would be worth to be drawn out a lot further than it's now. Whenever you feel up to... there must be tons of guys and gals waiting for moreof this glorious stuff!

lizardtongue posted a comment on Friday 26th August 2011 11:30am

Beaver architecture you, beaver architecture you, I say. Just as I get my budget worked out I find this story and now have to see if I can squeeze enough out for a Culture book, and if this Banks person writes it half as well as you then I have to squeeze enough for the whole set. Beaver architecture you, again. I laughed way too much at that whippersnapper, Dumbledore, coming up short in his little Culture clashes with his elders, Sma.

millercommamatt posted a comment on Thursday 7th July 2011 11:23pm

I've started reading the Culture novels and I thought of a potential interesting scene for this story. I was imagining a scenario where Harry is cornered by Death Eaters and separated from the protection the culture has placed with him; perhaps something like the graveyard scene at the end of GoF. I can see Harry behind cover and otherwise trapped. While not inclined to violence, The Culture recognizes the need to fight for survival. Since magic allows Harry to interact with the hyperspace grid, it would be interesting to see Harry unleash gridfire upon attacking Death Eaters. What better to trump the Killing Curse than the weaponry of the end of the universe?

CelticKnight posted a comment on Monday 27th June 2011 12:31pm

Argh! faster more updates of Culture Shock! just re-read this fic for the hundred time and I'm still loving them.

wolframhart posted a comment on Sunday 5th June 2011 6:40am

I just finished your story and really enjoyed it. However, I had not checked the posting dates before reading and got a bad shock when I tried to see what your posting schedule looked like to determine when the next chapter might appear. I really hope this story has not been dropped, you defintely have something here. Congrats.

Michael Cornfoot posted a comment on Thursday 2nd June 2011 12:19am

is this story going to be continued?

M. F. Enright posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 1:24am

this pretty good. but i assume you have abandoned it, or have a serious case of writer's block. well it was good while it lasted. thank you.

vmarc9 posted a comment on Thursday 26th May 2011 4:31pm

All I can say is I hope you will continue this story, it is so different and ... refreshing!
I kind of love it.
Just, could you lower Harry's defiance over the people who should be more on his friendly side (shouldn't Harry be more confiding with the hat?)
I also hope Harry will make friends at Hogwarts (Hermione? the Wtwins?)