Content Harry Potter

Reviews

pfeil posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 11:36pm

"After all, Death is far too vast and all encompassing to have any use for such a limited thing as a body."

Hmm, I think I'll use that when asked about God...

NateGold posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 11:19pm

Mmmm-Me like! Haven't had this much fun with a story since "Perfect Slytherines, year one".
Please continue. I'd love to see where you go with this.

Chiyo posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:41pm

This is much like "perfect slytherins" just a little bit more creepy...

Gotta admit the 11 year olds being overly familiar with the sex wigs me out a bit.

Past that this story was amazing... really fun to read through and would easily read more in the same vein if you wanted to continue it through their time at hogwarts.

dan26 posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:35pm

that's allright this pairing is very unique and interesting at the same time. As for the sex aspect it seems tanimont to a passionate affair

irishfighter21 posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:29pm

Awesome start

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:20pm

Hello Ruskbyte, Hooray a new story and such a twisted one too. Wonderful!! The question, of course, is just how did Harry and Amanda meet death and how many they are going to see dead? A related if somewhat out of context, thought is did Harry and this Amanda come through time or dimenstion travel so that they know just who must die because of past deeds or lack of worthy deeds. So many interesting loose ends and I remain ever eager to get the next update. REgards Carol Layland

UniilaDellaLuna posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 9:15pm

Love it!! Do you plan on doing more or is this just a one-shot?

draalder posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 8:42pm

LOVED the idea and this chapter was well written with good characterization and well defined traits. Really hope you keep going with this for a few more chapters.

Little critisism that I hope you appreciate: Granted there are a lot of characters in these novels but I dont think you will be able to keep killing them off at the rate you have been. If everyone who meets these two dies when we meet them we will never get beyond the 'dead-e introduced creepy people > dead-e insults death dealers > death kills dead-e'.

Also do you think it would be possible to make death just be REALLY cruel to someone? Kinda like the lady in final destination who was stabbed so many times with kitchen knives but was not killed till one was really driven in. Might be more mature than what you want with this story but I can see some people who need to live but need to be put in there place.

Final also: Professor McGonagal meets
Fluffy/Fang in cat form. Nuff said.

brad posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 8:33pm

> And all fans of Culture Shock, do not despair, I'm already hard at work on the next chapter and several of the following ones as well!

Great to hear, thanks!

I wonder ... would you consider finishing off - to some degree - 'Backwards Compatible'? I loved the plot of that story, but even more the dynamics you had going with the characters ... the H/Hr was wonderful (with Hermione gradually waking up to what she had with Harry), Ginny's obliviousness to Luna's feelings, the other two boys' friendships.

I see the story referenced all over the place ... it would be wonderful to see it finished. Even just an 'epilogue' sort of chapter, a happily-ever-after thing with the characters looking back at how things went ("... and then Harry fired the nuke, wow") and how good things were afterwards. Harry finally advancing to a future totally dissimilar to that from which he'd come. Luna happy and sane. H/Hr going strong. I hope you don't mind my asking/begging. Cheers.

Faith1 posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 8:21pm

Very interesting indeed- and certainly different than any other I've read before.

Nicholas Baldwin posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 7:43pm

Good to see that you are not dead. I liked this version better for my current mood. Although the other version is still fun to read. I hope you will be continuing this story? Allong with Culture Shock of course....

-- The Wizened Wizard

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 7:28pm

A great story, very well written and a lot darker than the previous version, but I still got a squick when I remembered their ages, realistic or not. Thanks.

Orion posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 6:28pm

Welcome back. Real life sure can be annoying, can't it?

Anyway, thanks for writing this. I hadn't really made the connection to Final Destination until the last scene with the thunder and the dust of all things . . . should have picked it up from the complex 'everything goes just exactly wrong at exactly the wrong time' accident at the train station.

In fact, I was actually thinking about "Dead Like Me" a bit more there. If you're interested in a challenge, you could try this fic a third time with an army of Gravelings at their command.

Anyway, this is a great addition to your collection. Thanks for writing it, and as always I look forward to whatever you post next.

Lordamnesia posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 5:54pm

This is a fantastic story, incredibly good for a one shot. But it could be even better if you decided to extend it and make a full length story out of it. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Kimr posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 4:10pm

An excellent one-shot, the descriptions of the deaths including the long version of Draco's was very well done, it would be nice to see the rest of the deaths (e.g. Lockhart,etc), in further chapters/one-shots. Here's hoping you'll do so.

Many Regards,
Kimr

jesterod posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 4:01pm

this is a awesome start to an awesome story i hope you plan on continuing it i would love to read more

Michael10 posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 3:59pm

A different twist and you should continue it until they've done away with voldemort.
Still a good story.

And the age thing...I was watching the neighbors kids and found them out in the garage. they were twelve and fourteen, so its not a surprise. their answers were "Mom does it to so and so" anyway good story.

Michael Foerster posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 3:17pm

Wow! A quite different flavour. But, excellent none the less! I'd really like to see more of this story, regardless of it's "complete" status, it just makes me hungry for more.
Thanks for this gem.

sparrowphoenix posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 2:17pm

I absolutely love this story.

It's wonderful to have you back, even if it's only for a short time.

I understand completely about 'Real Life' intruding on matters.

I eagerly await the next chapter

Frederick Herriot posted a comment on Saturday 4th July 2009 1:46pm

Scary as hell, but nice, too. Very nice.