Content Harry Potter

Reviews

aboulhosnc posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 11:08am for Special Circumstances

So glad that you are getting into writing again. I think this is really a great start to a story but just a start. I really can't take an oppinion on it either way since it is considerably short on story itself. Is this story going to be about Harry in an Iain M. Banks world. or a Harry raised in an Iain M. Banks going to hogwarts. Either way I am certainly looking forward to how you see this through

Stanley Chalk posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 11:08am for Special Circumstances

I like the plot. It is something that I have not considered reading before. I am looking forward to see were you go with this story. I am glad you are still writing. It has been awhile since you produced a chapter here and I missed the enjoyment you produce from you writing.

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 10:30am for Special Circumstances

It looks like a great start to a story. I have never encountered the IM Banks books, but your writing appears to make that unnecessary. I didn't read the top notes until after reading the chapter, and so thought this was another Star Wars cross, until they didn't connect Magic to the Force, ruling that out. I am glad to see something new being thrown into the mix.

Thank you for writing.

Mike (MoA)

Roberta Johnson posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 10:29am for Special Circumstances

Happy New Year! What a nice story to wake up to!

Sue posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 10:20am for Special Circumstances

Welcome back, I enjoyed the start of this story, but I do not recognize the cross? Is it a cross over? Or do you just have an incredabley rich imangination?

Sue

Katherine posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 9:58am for Special Circumstances

I love it. Will Harry show these advanced beings that there is such things as magic and help him develop his powers? Or will they teach him that magic does not exist? Can't wait for the next chapter.

Are you ever going to update your story Backwards Compatible.

Jamey posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:30am for Special Circumstances

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!! Ruskbyte is back!!!

Welcome back, and thanks for a *VERY* interesting start! You've created one of the better lead-ins to a Technomage that I've seen. I've only read one book so far about The Culture, but it's a very fascinating universe that I really need to read more of. How much of that universe have you read?

After a year and change, we're very happy to see you back - and don't think Backwards Compatible is the only story of yours that we're hoping for a continuation of - Flying Without A Broom and From The Abyss could also use some more Ruskbyte-lovin!

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:26am for Special Circumstances

Welcome back, I can't wait to see were you go with this story.

MPF

theM posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:26am for Special Circumstances

It's certainly an interesting prologue... Welcome back Rusk :)

Random_Guy posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:24am for Special Circumstances

Wonderful! I don't think I've ever seen any fanfiction cross over with the Culture.

For those who haven't read the books and don't want to google:
The Culture
Diziet Sma

There's a lot to play with, and it will be interesting to see where Ruskbyte takes this.

*ponders* what will Harry's reaction to Dumbledore using legilimency be? (cf. GCU Grey Area).
And what would his approach to the Voldemort problem be?

I'm intrigued, and looking forward to reading the rest of the story.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:23am for Special Circumstances

All right, and glad to see you back and writing again. Now, this is looking to be something quite different indeed, and cannot wait to see whaat happen when Harry returns, and what he might think of being with, as Ash might say, "primitive screw-heads." Going to be fun to see how he handles being back on his homeworld again, and how it handles him.

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 8:14am for Special Circumstances

Ruskbyte! It's so great to hear from you =D I hope you're doing well, and that you've had a good holiday season and all. Happy New Year too!

I've never read any of Iain M. Bank’s books, will they be nessescary for the reading of this story?

Not having read any of that material, it makes this particularly interesting to me, as I've not got a single clue about any of it past what you've written =)

(I think my main beef with crossovers is that I already know a lot of what is said, so it feels old and boring ... but, having never encountered Iain Bank before, this one (while not a corssover) has really grabbed my interest =)

Happy New Year!

Matthew Sands posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 7:07am for Special Circumstances

Wow. Full marks for originality, with bonus points for characterisation of Culture characters.

Of course, the question does spring to mind as to how exactly that poor owl is going to get to him(and in what condition) in ten years time.

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 5:17am for Special Circumstances

Wow. A gift for the season? A very nice touch.

I've previously enjoyed your stories very much, but I have never read of the Culture series. I'll try and find some more informantion, but a little background would be appreciated with the next update if possible.

Have a happy new year.

GJMEGA posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 5:03am for Special Circumstances

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:58am for Special Circumstances

Harry being raised by The Culture?!? Oh... Well, if I were the spirit of Voldemort, I would find a nice cosy black hole to be sucked into. The Culture are as close to gods as a technological society can get. Everything about their science and tech base is as close to magic as makes no odds. They are capable of wiping out worlds in an eyeblink.

Of course, this is what makes this situation interesting. Harry will have magical training, of a sort, but with the Culture's particular POV influencing it. He will probably also be slightly ethically and intellectually odd from Earth's point of view when he makes his return (for you make it quite clear that he will).

It should be interesting to see how the canon characters react to his altered nature.

I will be looking out for the next part.

Kalen Darkmoon posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:56am for Special Circumstances

It's good to see you back in the writer's chair again. Good start to the story.

Andrew2 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:37am for Special Circumstances

Hey,

what a great new year suprise!

great stuff, ruskbyte, I always appreciate a good, off-the-wall crossover.

I love it.

So much in fact, that Culture!Harry is probably my new taste of the month and I will spend the next hour or so searching for such crossover stories.

welcome back!

Exarikun posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:35am for Special Circumstances

this is going to be hard to follow for those of us readers who haven't read those culture novels, won't it?

incidentally, really glad to see you're still alive and apparently still posting. hopefully, you'll once again start posting on backwards compatible too. i've been waiting for ages for some update on that. must've read it 5-6 times in between, just to remember what it was about and how it went. so please, update that story too...

oysteinr posted a comment on Tuesday 1st January 2008 4:14am for Special Circumstances

Oh, I loved this one. To a reader of Ian Banks' scifi books this shows great potential for cultural mayhem when he returns.
And given the ruthlessness of Special Circumstances when dealing with opponents, I fear (not!) for the death eathers fate if they cross them.
Bouncing with glee at the thought actually :)