Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Gena posted a comment on Wednesday 6th August 2008 3:02pm

Haha! Awesome, I loved all of it. I really liked the ending after your AN, it really added to the Hellraiser feel. I only really watch the first movie, maybe the second, if I'm feeling like watching Hellraiser. I think the rest are kind of like all those The Crow movies made after the first one, they can be watched one time and maybe even enjoyed, but a second time is almost impossible and really boring.

Memory King posted a comment on Wednesday 6th August 2008 3:02pm

I was a bit wary of reading this at first thinking that Evil Be Thou My Good should better remain untainted by a sequel.

I was dead wrong.

cliviussum posted a comment on Wednesday 6th August 2008 12:31pm

As has no doubt benn mentioned before, 'Curiosty killed the cat.' Or more probably 'Evil comes onto those who evil think' and any other maxim/homily/gnome along with the same message.

A well-crafted and interesting further excursion into the world of the box. As is often the case with writers of fiction; an idea strikes and all previous intentions go by the board.

I thoroughly enjoyed the style - and although it was obvious that we were already visiting Draco's own version of hell by the third paragraph, a worthy successor to the first.

Tibi grates ago fabellae, et probe! Vale C.

DiscountNinja posted a comment on Wednesday 6th August 2008 10:17am

Another good job :D I must admit, I was looking forward to a little more Harry related-ness, but as a trade off I got some wonderful Draco-orientated goodness :D

I must say, I do like the idea that nearly 3/4s of the fic was Dracos personal version of Hell - I think I'd worked that out about half way through (mainly through the visciousness of Ginny) and was very pelased to see it turn out that way :D

I must say, I like the way you went with it overall :D I love this universe, but totally understand that you wouldn't plan on a third - much better to stick with two exceptionally good ones :D

Rudy Henkel posted a comment on Wednesday 6th August 2008 2:29am

I... have mixed feelings about this. I'm very much with Dumbledore that no one deserves such a fate. If Harry had orchestrated Draco's death, I'd have no problem with it. This, however, is quite soberingly evil...

Well written, certainly. Definitely looking forward to more Culture Shock.

Voice of the Nephilim posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2008 6:05pm

I'm unfamiliar with any Hellraiser lore outside of the very first movie, but I'm sure your work was a more than fitting representation of what can be done with the original world that Barker created. A very fine piece of work you have here. I found Draco's plight to quite interesting, his eternal torment is not exactly what I was expecting, but well done anyway.

Ben10 posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2008 3:53pm

Chilling! I liked it very much.

While this IS a follow-up to Evil Be Thou My Good, it was easy to think of it as a seperate stand-alone. I thought the composition was perfect in every way--the random flashes of memory and odd instances of out-of-character-ness kept the story from stagnating, yet also kept the reader out of 'the know'.

Very good job.

Mark Safransky posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2008 11:49am

Awesome story! An eventful and surprisingly great sequel to EBTMG. It was so masterful how Draco is experiencing the box. Wonder how you could do wnother sequel? Well, if so, I hope it's as great as this. Bravo!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2008 10:06am

*snicker* Definitely a case of "beware of what you ask for!". I rather enjoyed this follow-up to EBTMG, it's not in the same exact style, but it fits its subject matter quite nicely.

Levi posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2008 7:06am

You are right about one thing. I never expected you to write a sequel for EBTMG. Though there was that small ray of hope that one day something would come out of that brilliant mind of yours. And it did. So I'm pleasantly surprised. :)

The plot was nicely presented and I really enjoyed it. Your writing is as captivating as always. Glad that you shared it.

Levi.

Rexnos posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2008 4:34am

This probably would have made more sense if I'd seen any of the hellraiser movies, but meh. It was creepy and confusing, yet still interesting. I just liked the idea of Draco's ambition creating his own demise really. Makes me wanna read EBTMG... With all the stories on FFA.net I haven't gotten around to that one yet.

Later,
Rex

Cuey posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 9:16pm

Wow. I have never watched the Hellraiser movies but having read EBTMG I kinda knew what to expect. I don't like the horror genre but for some reason I am compelled to read this fic and EBTMG, thank god I don't have the Lament Configuration in front of me.

Yo posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 7:53pm

Oh wow, that was good. The 'mystery' aspect was very...fun. Oddly, my interest started to wane part of the way through - I suppose this combination of genres do not hold my interest as much.

jdcox61 posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 5:50pm

Pretty good. I greatly enjoyed reading it. I had no idea when i started reading it that it was a sequel, and I think i enjoyed it more for that reason. I liked it, but didn't think it was as good on a whole as the first one. But, then again, that's one of my favorite stories I've read.

Oh, it's also pretty funny that HE left business cards. Good work!

Rowan Mikaio posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 5:37pm

Best waste of an hour in a long time ^_^

I enjoyed myself. I wonder if I would have had even more fun if I had seen any of the Hellraiser movies... oh well... that's neither here nor there.
As always, you've delivered and it's spectacular!
~Rowan

Anon-e-mouse posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 2:06pm

This is a great follow on to EBTMG, It took me until Draco was searching Blaise's stash to realise that this was based in the same 'verse (as I haven't seen any of the hellraiser movies).

I don't know whether it is as good as EBTMG as that is one of the few stories that I can actually re-read (most of the time I remember plot points, grow bored and skip large chunks).

In any case, very good story (was almost tempted to ignore based upon the summary, as most Draco centric fics are by Fan-Girls and therefore quite bad).

Thanks for this and keep up the good work

Only minor error I could see is in the following

The thin blonde witch was standing not five yards away, fedora doffed at a jaunty angle and a wretched Quick Quotes Quill held at the ready



The word doffed means to take off or salute (essentially holding the hat by the brim and lifting the back away from the head)

you might use donned instead, which fits into the sentence in the same manner which you have doffed

The_Warden posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 1:30pm

Bravo! Bravo! Downright brilliant in fact.

Teresa Lynne posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 9:07am

Shakes head......I always thought that sooner or later there'd be a Malfoy family reunion! Draco really should have left well enough alone. But then, Draco never learned to leave Harry and company alone when they were in school; so it's no suprize that he'd be stupid enough to mess with the box despite knowing that it was bad news. I thought that Kingsley and Tonks's reactions were spot on, and I can't blame them for not wanting to touch that box even though they had no desire to open it. Will Harry and the others start a new pool on how long it takes Pansy to go after the box? Thanks for writing this, it was just the right mixture of facinating, creepy, and mysterious!

Heather_Sinclair posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 5:38am

I mentioned EBTG over at DLP about a month back, having read it sometime ago, an poof here is a sequel! I never read Draco-centric stories and usually when I figure out that a story is Draco-centric I x-out. Maybe it was the suject matter, but you had me hooked enough complete it. Makes me want to go out and rent the movies again. Thanks!!

Allan posted a comment on Monday 4th August 2008 4:20am

*Bows before your greatness*

Enjoyable as always and i look forward to more of your stuff...maybe someday a continuation of backwards compatiable