Content Harry Potter

Reviews

brad posted a comment on Saturday 14th May 2011 2:00am for Part VI

> "Now then," he mused, stroking his chin. "Who’s next?"

NOT HERMIONE!! ANYONE BUT HERMIONE!!!

:-)

Wow, things really accelerated in this chapter. Funny how you've now exonerated Harry. I was worried that Marietta would somehow survive and tell everyone that he *is* involved. I was imagining a scene where maybe the whole castle would descend upon the medical wing with the intent of killing him, with only his five friends, clustered around his bed, standing between him and death. Which was the reverse of my hoped-for scene of this story, of Harry (somehow!) rescuing the first of his friends (preferably Hermione playing the (potential) love interest in distress, but only if you guarantee that she'll survive unhurt thankyouverymuch) who comes to Freddy's notice.

Which brings me to the start of the chapter:

> In hindsight, her apparel was appropriate for the proverbial damsel in distress.

Heh. All along I've been wondering/hoping that you might install a proper "Harry saving the damsel in distress" scene - with Hermione playing the role of the damsel, helpless in the dreamscape - you wrote Harry's rescuing her so nicely in Backwards Compatible, but here the odds would be stacked higher and the drama more exaggerated, given how it's all in a dream - so I was bemused when I read Pansy's thoughts here. PANSY PARKINSON. No, not the girl I had in mind.

I wonder how you're going to resolve this? Really, Harry's GOT to feel guilty once he's woken up. After all, if he were to tell someone, they could repair his mind, fix whatever Snape did to it, and Freddy's incursions would cease.

But the problem is, the easiest, most expedient way to stop the carnage would be to simply slay Harry. And the boy - trained to be a sacrificial lamb by Dumbledore in the canon, and even in fanon always ready to give his life for others - might even suggest it himself.

Still, first things first. The VERY SECOND he wakes up I want him to hug Hermione and say "I definitely DO NOT hate you, Hermione". Yes. Yes, that will make me ... sorry, not *me*, Hermione and Harry, of course ... feel a lot better.

Elfwyn posted a comment on Tuesday 10th May 2011 7:07am for Part VI

With all his detention and Filch's constant nasty insults and comments (just why is this man around children?), I am surprised he wasn't behind Draco and Snape! Is Freddy limited to only those in the building Harry occupies? If not, the Dursleys certainly deserve a visit. ;P

KenF posted a comment on Tuesday 10th May 2011 1:00am for Part VI

I thought I grew out of my slasher movie phase a few decades ago, but this is as much fun as the early Elm Street movies.

KenF

midevildle posted a comment on Monday 9th May 2011 8:27am for Part VI

I very much like your take on Crabbe.

IBurnWater posted a comment on Monday 9th May 2011 4:40am for Part VI

this is torture porn, and certainly not your best work.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 9th May 2011 3:06am for Part VI

I'm a bit disappointed that you've not shown us the physical effects of his "chat" with Tom, but 'twas an excellent chapter despite that. I do wonder what's going to happen when all of Hogwarts is withdrawn from the castle. *smirk* I rather hope that Freddy decides to visit Cornelius and Albus (be a right shock to Albus if he legilimizes Harry and Freddy drops in on him).

I have to wonder if Hermione's asked her parents to follow up on Harry's research request and what fruit that will bear. I suspect at some point Freddy's going to make the mistake of going after someone Harry cares about and he's going to find that Harry's not as out of it or control as he thought. I can just see Harry & Hermione working together to patch and seal the hole that allows Freddy in.

Madame Sparrow posted a comment on Monday 9th May 2011 2:58am for Part VI

This is really good! Seriously, keep it up. I love how graphic you make it; it feels like I'm actually there. Not that anyone would actually want to be there with Freddy... Good job. :)

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 8th May 2011 12:03pm for Part VI

Well Freddy is deffinitely enjoying himself to the fullest. At the cost of a lot of clueless children who should never have been hurt, much less killed for his entertainment. The people he has chosen deffinitely have been cruel or stupid about Harry. I look forward to more of this story. It is really gruesome though. pms

winoniel posted a comment on Saturday 7th May 2011 9:58pm for Part VI

OMG, I am almost ashamed to say how much I like this story!

The contrast of Harry's and Freddy's world-weary wit with the stupidity of Fudge and his ilk is refreshing, though a little depressing. I am constantly amazed at who the powerful people are in wizarding society. It's interesting that both Harry and Freddy suffered from the perceptions of those around them, but Harry never had the emotional bent for revenge. I actually like how 'innocent' little Harry is finally getting some revenge, in spite of his Gryffindor 'nobility.' And these are people that I've longed to shut up over the course of the books, so its a real guilty pleasure for me.

Keep up the good work.

duke_bonez posted a comment on Saturday 7th May 2011 8:24pm for Part VI

I miss Harry. And for that matter, did Hermione ever ask her parents to look up Freddy?
I wonder what the nominal Dark Lord is doing? I mean the guy is kinda like a roach, I think it would take more than one session with Freddy to really get rid of him. Did he revert to spirit form? Is he trying to keep his body alive?
Eh. I like the politics and peoples reactions, but it gets a bit much if it's just Freddy getting his way all the time. I do enjoy his little scenarios though. I mean Boxing? And poor wee damsel? Not to mention the Wild Wild Hanging. Heh. I wonder if one of the victims at least will come back as a ghost... I mean it would certainly be fitting...

Envy posted a comment on Saturday 7th May 2011 7:52pm for Part VI

I like this story very much and you didn*t disapoint with the later chapters.
I congratulate you on a job well done

Riegert8 posted a comment on Saturday 7th May 2011 7:48pm for Part VI

Very good chapter