Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Papa MidNite posted a comment on Friday 20th May 2011 7:46am for Part VII

Wow, you are a twisted individual...but I like it.

00_Knight posted a comment on Monday 16th May 2011 3:35pm for Part VII

This is freakishly amazing!

Like I said, I've never been one for horror, but this is entertaining!

Galen Salvatore posted a comment on Sunday 15th May 2011 1:11pm for Part VII

So now we're about midway through the "movie," where people start believing in Freddy, and go "Oh God, what do we do?" This is usually the part where the kills get more spectacular, which could be fun depending on who's on the list . . . Though I must admit, I'm curious to see how (or if) you'll finish Freddy off. No Dream Masters or anything like them here - and Harry, by his own admission, can't stop giving Freddy access to his mind. Very puzzling problem - but what I've seen of your work tells me that the solution will be elegant, and eminently creative. Please keep it up.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Sunday 15th May 2011 5:18am for Part VII

Freddy is going to try to hurt the wrong person and Harry is going to kick Freddy's butt. Which will help Harry kick Freddy out of Harry's mind.

Thanks for writing
MPF

Riegert8 posted a comment on Sunday 15th May 2011 3:50am for Part VII

Very good chapter

brad posted a comment on Sunday 15th May 2011 2:48am for Part VII

Umbridge gets hers at last. Good. About time! :)

I was confused while reading this chapter. I'd thought that Freddy was only achieving his ingress to people's dreams because of Harry's broken mind; and that, therefore, it would become obvious eventually that the only clear way to stop Freddy would be to kill Harry. (Or magically prevent him from dreaming, I suppose. But if that was possible one would imagine that the option would have been mooted as an option for dealing with Voldemort's visions.)

But that wasn't clear at all in Harry's chat with Madam Bones. Not only did Harry NOT say "Freddy's killing people through me", he suggested that he was a special case only as a side-attraction, a peripheral visit by Freddy, incidental to Krueger's main activities.

So I thought I'd gotten things wrong. I was confused.

But then in the final scene Freddy makes it clear again that Harry's dreams are critical to his stalking of the British wizarding world.

So I think I get it. Harry's wised up to the obvious (hey, if I can see it, he should be able to) and is deliberately hiding the truth of his connection to Freddy's activities in order to protect himself. But that's something you've hidden from we readers, you're making us work this out for ourselves? You evil author you.

So I'm still worried about Harry's future. Long term and also - messy? Oh dear - short term.

This Harry doesn't seem to be the fall-on-his-sword-at-a-moment's-notice version that we got in the series. Mind you, circa book 5, Harry was an angry lad who probably wasn't that willing to die for others. And Dumbledore hadn't yet brainwashed him into being a compliant sacrificial lamb.

Wondering what's going to happen next. And more interested than ever in Harry's thoughts - right now he doesn't seem to be the lily white hero that I'm used to. Thank you for the chapter!

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 15th May 2011 12:01am for Part VII

Well it is about time that Harry told someone what is really going on. I can understand why he was reluctant to tell anyone what was going on but now he might get some help. I'm glad that Harry stood up to Freddy but what will Freddy do now? He might attack some of Harry's friends and be especially brutal about it. I look forward to more of this story. pms