Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Saturday 7th May 2011 10:46pm for Part V

Well, at least Moldie-Voldie is no more, right? Poor Harry!

stealacandy posted a comment on Friday 6th May 2011 8:01pm for Part V

Nice story.

I was never able to stomack the Elm Street movies, I'm not much of a horrour movie buff - I barely stomack the daily news, as it is, so I don't know much about Freddy Kruger, but so far, so good.

I don't like crossovers because nine times out of then you've no idea what's going on if you aren't familiar with the cross-verse, and so unless you are willing to read a handfull of books, rent a few movies or watch hours upon hours ov T.V. shows just so you could read what is likely to be a third-rate fan fiction, you're out of luck. I like it that you gave the background for the story in a few short sentences, and probably write a bit more about it when Hermione's paretns write back, but otherwise the story is HPverse-centric, Freddie only contributes to the plot, and you don't really need to know much about him at all. so that's a good thing in my book.

I just hope you keep up with this story. I once read an on-line discussion in CaerAzkaban where someone wondered when you'll update a story, I think it was Culture Shock, and someone told him he was living in a dream, that you've abandoned all of your story at one point or another. Abandoning this one would be a shame, so I hope you'll break the habit.

Regards,


stealacandy



p.s. Culture Shock, despite being a crossover, was good, too, and you didn't need to knoe anything about the crossverse either. So maybe I'm living in a dream, too, as I still hold some hope you'll revisit it one day.

stealacandy posted a comment on Friday 6th May 2011 8:00pm for Part V

Nice story.

I was never able to stomack the Elm Street movies, I'm not much of a horrour movie buff - I barely stomack the daily news, as it is, so I don't know much about Freddy Kruger, but so far, so good.

I don't like crossovers because nine times out of then you've no idea what's going on if you aren't familiar with the cross-verse, and so unless you are willing to read a handfull of books, rent a few movies or watch hours upon hours ov T.V. shows just so you could read what is likely to be a third-rate fan fiction, you're out of luck. I like it that you gave the background for the story in a few short sentences, and probably write a bit more about it when Hermione's paretns write back, but otherwise the story is HPverse-centric, Freddie only contributes to the plot, and you don't really need to know much about him at all. so that's a good thing in my book.

I just hope you keep up with this story. I once read an on-line discussion in CaerAzkaban where someone wondered when you'll update a story, I think it was Culture Shock, and someone told him he was living in a dream, that you've abandoned all of your story at one point or another. Abandoning this one would be a shame, so I hope you'll break the habit.

Regards,


stealacandy



p.s. Culture Shock, despite being a crossover, was good, too, and you didn't need to knoe anything about the crossverse either. So maybe I'm living in a dream, too, as I still hold some hope you'll revisit it one day.

KenF posted a comment on Wednesday 4th May 2011 1:57am for Part V

Fantastic!

I'm still hoping for a particularly end for Umbrige.

KenF

winoniel posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd May 2011 2:20pm for Part V

Great story so far! I have to confess that I read the first installment, decided to not continue, and then didn't read the rest until just now. I was concerned that this would be just another dark story where victim!Harry is constantly tormented for chapters and then killed. I can't remember why I changed my mind and picked up the story again (probably because I know and like the rest of your work?), but I'm glad I did.

This is much more inventive than so many other revenge stories, and the crossover with the Nightmare franchise ties in the more distinctive aspects of each. I also like your world-weary, rather sarcastic Harry.
I recognize that you tend to be even-handed with the suffering, and our boy is not out of the woods yet, but you've given several layers of wit and imagination to this story.

Well done.

darthloki posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd May 2011 1:06pm for Part V

Wow. The bti with Voldemort possessing him was creepy, but awesome. To read, I mean.

duke_bonez posted a comment on Monday 2nd May 2011 6:23am for Part V

The power he knows not is Freddy Krueger. Heh. Nice. I really liked the chapter, can't wait to see what the actual fall-out is. I mean Voldemort is pretty god damned resilient, so... And what has Freddy been up to in the last dream? Ministry?

Eh, in all honesty I think the wizarding world would almost prefer Freddy Krueger to Voldemort, there is just something pleasantly strait froward about him...

Poor Harry - he is really taking a beating isn't he? Mind-raped by Snape, poisoned by Umbridge and then mind-raped by Voldy himself... I wonder what it'll all do to him, I mean all that violence and victimization can change a guy.

brad posted a comment on Monday 2nd May 2011 2:34am for Part V

Goodness, that Umbridge is a loathsome witch. You've rendered her extremely well, and extremely faithfully from how she was portrayed in the books. I am hoping that she gets what's coming for her. I think you would have all of your readers biting at the bit in anticipation of that scene.

Freddy slaying Voldemort this early on was a bit of a surprise. Is he gone for good? Has he magically healed himself? Or is he a bodiless wraith once more?

I continue to be worried about what you might have cooking in this story, and fascinated by the two 'fronts' to the tale. I've mentioned how I'm concerned that Hermione might be put in the firing line. It's maybe corny, but you could write a really good 'damsel in distress' scene that would work really well; Freddy works in a dreamscape, anything's possible, and things can be realistically exaggerated without readers rolling their eyes. I just remember how Harry came to Hermione's rescue in your Backwards Compatible, when she was facing a fate worse than death from Lucius Malfoy, and can't help but hope/wonder if you'll do something like that here. In something like a dreamscape it would work even better. Freddy's mentioning Hermione (yeah, okay, and little Ginny as well, plus Fleur) as objects of sexual interest to the teenage Harry has increased the possible tension for a forthcoming dream too.

But now I'm also wondering what's going to happen in the real world. Sooner or later Harry's going to wonder if he should kill himself, surely. Certainly if it becomes clear that his best friend will otherwise be harmed. Even canon's Harry chose to sacrifice himself for the good of all. Your Harry here is a couple of years younger, of course, but I'm still a bit surprised he hasn't started thinking about that option already. Well, maybe if he understands that Hermione (or another good friend) will die the next time he falls asleep?

Being a H/Hr fan I can't help but think about those two and how they might react. If Hermione knew that Harry was going to kill himself to save her ... would she let him? In the series Rowling didn't let her know that Harry was walking into the forest to die. You could have Hermione fighting to save Harry in the real world and Harry fighting to save her in the land of dreams. (Except no-one can apparently prevail against Freddy, it seems. It was clever of you to have Harry wake up unexpectedly in the first match with Snape.)

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 1st May 2011 11:15pm for Part V

Well Freddy is really wreaking havoc with all of Harry's nemesis. It is too bad about Seamus though. I liked Seamus except for his continuing disbelief in Harry's innocence. I hope Dumbledore comes back before too many more people die. Thanks for writing. This is a really weird one but it is very well done. pms

GremlinXTJ posted a comment on Sunday 1st May 2011 11:33am for Part V

Ohhhh! Freddy got to Voldy! :D
A question if you dont mind ... you established that through the mental link between Harry and Voldermort Freddy can get to Voldy. What I am wondering is the dark mark. Could that also be a "bridge" for Freddy? It could provide an excuse why Freddy wouldnt kill Voldy right away.

Stone Cold posted a comment on Sunday 1st May 2011 7:02am for Part V

Man, what a good part. I would love to see what happened to Voldemort's corporeal form.

thaumologist posted a comment on Sunday 1st May 2011 1:23am for Part V

Really enjoying this story - and does this mean V is gone for good?

Didn't notice any typos or anything else wrong in this, so as normal, well worked on!

C

Riegert8 posted a comment on Sunday 1st May 2011 12:54am for Part V

Umbridge must be really stupid to try to kill someone in front of witness, Umbridge taken potion class like everyone else and she should know that too much could kill a person.

I still think Umbridge is going get away with her crimes

Coranth posted a comment on Sunday 1st May 2011 12:37am for Part V

My thoughts are that Freddy 'll go after the Toad bitch, next. He's gotta be pissed at her, right? Right? *Waits in anticipation for the Dream Master's blades to fall...*

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Saturday 30th April 2011 10:58pm for Part V

*snicker* 'Twill be most interesting to find out what happened to Tom in the physical world after Freddy got through with him. As "powers he knows not' go, this is a rather nasty one, but it does do the job. Now, the fun bit will be rebuilding Harry's shields to where Freddy can't get to him again, if that's possible (be interesting to see what the investigations of Hermione's parents turn up).

Patrick Cross posted a comment on Saturday 30th April 2011 10:21pm for Part V

I was never a Freddy Krueger fan.......until this chapter!