Content Harry Potter

Reviews

00_Knight posted a comment on Monday 30th May 2011 7:52pm for Part IX

OH SNAP! you've not technically killed her yet, though you left her survival in doubt.

It shall be interesting to see if she lives to die another day, or if she passes on from wounds received.

until next time.....

KenF posted a comment on Monday 30th May 2011 12:39am for Part IX

Getting nastier. I hope Hermione pulls through, although that would not be traditional.

temp posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 11:09am for Part IX

Time for Dumbledore to show up with a solution?

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 10:15am for Part IX

This is horrible. Freddy just keeps working on everyone Harry knows. This time he almost succeeded in killy Hermione and in the process he almost killed Harry by forcing Harry to make himself to wake up. I look forward to how you resolve this. Thanks for writing. pms

brad posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 3:56am for Part IX

I ... I ...

... I don't know what to say.

I printed out this chapter for some Sunday brunch reading. As usual I tried not to see any of the chapter as I copied-and-pasted it into my word processor ... but I couldn't help but see the last couple of lines. Harry - breaking down - Weasleys ...

... but no Hermione.

Oh no.

So, while I was cooking breakfast, I was wondering what I would say in my review if you killed off Hermione. Something starting with 'You' and finishing with '--stard, Ruskbyte', I was thinking. :-)

And then I start reading the story ... oh God, yes, he's done it, he's got Freddy confronting our Hermione, damn him ...

... and then you have Harry save her. Sort of. I think.

I still feel like abusing you, because you've ended on a cliffhanger. Is Hermione .... dead? (NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!). Will she be permanently handicapped? (Hopefully not, magic will be as efficacious as usual in healing wounds. I'm trying hard not to think about broken spinal columns here, please go along with me.)

Okay. While part of me wouldn't have minded a classic Hermione-in-distress-tied-up-requiring-rescue scene I was very pleased with what you gave us (if you had to put our Hermione in such deadly danger in the first place). She was scared, she was frightened, at the end she was hysterical, but she faced Freddy bravely. That's our girl.

I guess this threat to Hermione has been looming all along, even I was expecting it, but still the first part of the chapter was appreciated in how it spelled things out. In particular we had it confirmed that Harry is Freddy's 'gateway', and that it's only people on his 'angry' list who are likely to be attacked. It was a good time to reinforce that for the story as a whole, but also critical to drive home the emotion of what was to come. Like Harry's culpability in Hermione's predicament.

(I see some people here saying that the wizards should simply arrange things so no-one sleeps when Harry is dreaming, etc. But as it currently stands *they don't know* that Harry is Freddy's means of egress into others' dreams. Harry only told Bones that he was something of a detached observer. I still think you're doing some crafty storytelling in having Harry put off telling the wizards how critical he - Harry - is to Freddy's depredations. Because - hidden from we readers, maybe even hidden from Harry himself - his drive to survive is stopping him from telling people this. Because about ten seconds after this fact is divulged someone will have the bright idea of killing Harry to put a stop to it all.)

The H/Hr part of me appreciated Harry's sheer distress at witnessing Hermione's encroaching death. You wrote that, and his idea to wake up, very well. I was on tenterhooks wondering if Harry would wake up in time to save Hermione's life. I'm still on them, curse you. I guess I'll be wondering if she was spared for the next six days and twenty-odd hours.

Part of me can't help but compare this Harry with the more noble creature of the (simpler? Black and white?) fanfics which would have had Harry falling on his sword by now, to save everyone. Particularly when his best friend (and soul mate!! :-)) was in the firing line. As it was I was expecting even your Harry to plunge the next bit of glass into his jugular, given as how stabbing himself in other places didn't appear to be working.

A most effective - and stressful - chapter. Harry's reaction to Hermione's distress, both at Privet Drive and then once he awakened, rushing to get to her, was very emotional. On the non-Hermione front I really wonder what's going to happen in the next chapter. *We* know that this *is* - sort of - Harry's fault. He seems to be acknowledging that himself, now. Surely the drive to save everyone by killing himself is going to cotton on, even in your Harry? What's going to make him fall on his sword? Canon!Harry was brainwashed into doing it without a second's thought, your Harry is two years younger and wasn't - until the end of this chapter - really acknowledging his guilt in all this even to himself. I don't know.

I do hope Hermione survives. I hope she can be healed. Where do you live, where do we send our bribes? :-)

I think I might go and re-read Harry's saving Hermione from a fate worse than death at Parkinson Manor, which I know had a happy ending, just to get my Sunday back on an even/happy keel, thank you very much ...

Celexs posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 1:51am for Part IX

Well I cant say I didnt see that coming, but It is a bummer considering Hermione is one of my favorite characters. I look forward to seeing the next chapter, excellent work as usual.

Cel

Galen Salvatore posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 1:03am for Part IX

Thank you for not killing her! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've rarely been so scared in my life! Made it easier to empathise with Harry, I suppose.

maanitraj posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 12:31am for Part IX

after the 1st 2 chapters, I am liking it less and less...has become very repetitive and senseless...if someone is getting attacked in their sleep, just put someone next to them and wake them up when you see the 1st sign of blood...you can take shifts in sleeping and easily solve this problem...it makes zero sense...

Frederick Herriot posted a comment on Saturday 28th May 2011 10:53pm for Part IX

I suppose an attack on Hermione is to be expected. Given the moral and knowledge support she gives Harry, he would be prominent in her thoughts. And that would make her a perfect target for someone like Freddy.

Sad.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Saturday 28th May 2011 9:52pm for Part IX

Cliffhanger! You're almost as evil as Freddy.

This is a very exciting story, and I am looking forward to the next installment anxiously.

Thanks for the story.

Tom A.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Saturday 28th May 2011 8:23pm for Part IX

good chapter

Taegeous posted a comment on Saturday 28th May 2011 7:45pm for Part IX

It annoys me that the characters in the story are so stupid. They know Freddy kills in dreams, but they dose Harry with a sleep potion. They know that Harry sees the dreams, but they don't listen to what he tells them, like when he's screaming that Hermione is in danger. That's just pathetic. Here's a brilliant defense...everyone sleeps when Harry's awake, and vice versa. It's only when both Harry and the victim are asleep that Krueger has free rein. Finally, Harry apparently can't stop Krueger. What the hell kind of story is that? Every chapter shows that Krueger to be unstoppable. You've made it clear that magic holds no power in dreams, and apparently Harry is too weak or not imaginative enough to stop him in any other manner. So, are we just wasting time here, or what?

Jeff Bernstein posted a comment on Saturday 28th May 2011 6:58pm for Part IX

This is a good story, but I hope you don't kill Mione