Content Harry Potter

Reviews

seiryu posted a comment on Monday 28th December 2015 6:06pm for Homeward Bound

I really like the Serious Callers Only. It has a very funny sense of humor.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Monday 13th October 2008 7:44pm for Homeward Bound

Good chapter.

gunny

Gena posted a comment on Thursday 7th August 2008 3:09am for Homeward Bound

Really the only complaint I have for this chapter is the "magical exhaustion" bit. I've never liked the idea seeing as there is nothing that supports the theory, even in the first few books. If it was supported, then Tom Riddle would have been wrong when he told Harry in the Chamber that he would become more powerful than Ginny ever was. He drew the life out of Ginny to create a new body for himself, remember? Anyway, it could possibly fit with this crossover, but I wouldn't know seeing as I've never read the Culture novels. This is easy to read and understand anyway. I suppose that makes you a great author, even if other things in the story didn't.

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Sunday 11th May 2008 3:43am for Homeward Bound

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the bit where Harry gained 5 years. He's ELEVEN and all that seemed a bit ridiculous.

pfeil posted a comment on Saturday 9th February 2008 5:45pm for Homeward Bound

Oops, somehow I managed to miss this chapter.

The bit with Chomba is touching, especially as you pointed out the likelihood of their meeting again. And I sure wouldn't mind a romp on (or, I suppose, over) one of those beds.

Changing the number of arms is a fun idea, too. It's good to see it being portrayed as a perfectly normal idea, worth about the same amount of consideration as a piercing.

Having the wizards completely miss the (to the reader) very obvious signs of what's going on is good, too.

bonzi posted a comment on Saturday 9th February 2008 8:08am for Homeward Bound

I haven’t been able to find any clues as to when the events of Player of Games and Use of Weapons take place.



Use of Weapons contains a poem Dizzy wrote about Zak, Slight Mechanical Destruction. It was dated in terms of Khmer Rouge calendar, Cambodian killing fields having left lasting impression on then young CS member (and probably pushing her to become a SC operative). I think the date was a bit over a century after Year Zero, so it would be sometimes around the end of this century.

FWTW, I enjoyed this quite a bit :)

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Monday 4th February 2008 7:26am for Homeward Bound

I never heard of The Culture, etc. until this tale. I have no time to explore it, though it does sound fascinating. I Wikipedia'd it for enough data to read going forward, and I am excited about the possibilities here.

Curious though, arriving on Nov.2, will you kill off Hermione? No connection with Ron or Ginny at the start will be interesting, as well as whichever house you sort this Harry into.

Fine first three chapters.

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Sunday 3rd February 2008 12:49pm for Homeward Bound

Soooo.....

If Harry's current limit is 50 kilos, that means conjuring a 100 pound anvil over Malfoy's head for "the Acme solution" to an annoyaning problem is certainly within his reach.

Beep-Beep.

D.

gallandro_83 posted a comment on Sunday 3rd February 2008 2:52am for Homeward Bound

waiting on the next chapter until then just came across this

"Can’t wait to get your hands on the new Iain M. Banks Culture novel? Use your ears instead!

Matter is available for pre-release download on iTunes UK. Listen to the complete, unabridged version for only £21.95. You can also buy the abridged version on CD February 7th."

maybe it's something your interested in??

gallandro

Chrisgocountyjr posted a comment on Saturday 2nd February 2008 8:20pm for Homeward Bound

Wow. I'm hooked on this story as well. Can't wait for the next chapter to show up.

Aelita posted a comment on Friday 1st February 2008 10:08pm for Homeward Bound

PLease update soon! This is great stuff! Thanks

Sean the Metamage posted a comment on Wednesday 30th January 2008 12:12pm for Homeward Bound

I'm really interested in this fic. The premises are really good.

I hope to see more of this later.

Thwaaack posted a comment on Monday 28th January 2008 9:19pm for Homeward Bound

Wow, I have to say now that I have found and read the book Consider Phlebas, as well as reading some more information in regards to the culture background. If you interpret it the same way I do, the knife missile that Harry has been granted is a mini drone, the size of a small dagger, equipped with fields and effectors, and capable of slaughtering an entire army in under a second. Unless you plan on making it so none of the technology of the Culture works within Hogwarts (which I doubt would happen, as I'm sure even the simplest of culture tech is more hardened then the most sohpisticated tech on Earth currently, or even in the forseeable future. ) the wizarding world won't know what hit it. I am really looking forward to more now that I have some background into your crossover source. Keep it up!

hi_abhishek19 posted a comment on Monday 28th January 2008 1:12am for Homeward Bound

Very good, I can't wait to read how the wizaeding world wuuld think about harry. Update soon please.

Dale Dietzman posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd January 2008 10:59am for Homeward Bound

"And you didn’t listen to me when I told you to stop."

"I told you; I simply didn’t catch that."

Sma sent the drone a glare. "What’s even worse is that you enjoyed it."

Skaffen-Amtiskaw dipped one corner. "I will admit to feeling a certain satisfaction about my actions. But I have done as you requested; I have only ever used the minimum force needed to subdue those people that have attacked you since then."

Sma nodded in agreement and then levelled a flat look at the drone. "And I hope you stick to that. However," she took a deep breath, "if anyone on Terra even looks at Harry the wrong way, I want you to cut loose with everything you have. Effector fields, knife-missiles, X-ray lasers, Antimatter nanomissiles — I don’t care what you use or how you use it. I want the fuckers dead before a single hair on that boy’s head is mussed out of place. Understand?"

Soooooo, you're going to make life 'interesting', no, 'problemitical' for one Draco Malfoy are you?

Alex Mcpherson posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd January 2008 6:55am for Homeward Bound

Took out Consider Phlebas from the Library - Good book. :D
Just upto Hora Borza Gorbuchul being told he could fight... vallum or whoever - on the merc ship.Gonna read as many of them as i can from the library since i dont have much money to buy them - and i may not like them... (I took out the HP books 1-6 from the library to read before i bought any.)

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd January 2008 3:21am for Homeward Bound

This is quite an interesting story. Harry is deffinitely living in an advanced society that seems to see children as something they want but the idea of family and morals seem to be very lax. I am wondering how Harry is going to adjust to a more Victorian era Britan after growing up in the Culture. This is going to be very interesting. thanks for writing. I look forward to more of this story. pms

Katsuhito posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd January 2008 10:27am for Homeward Bound

A Very nice story, with only a few mechanical errors, which I notice others have already pointed out. All in all, a great beginning with lots of promise, especially given the fact that I had no idea what the Culture is. In fact, Iain Banks would probably thank you, as this story has prompted me to start reading his "Culture" books. :)

I look forward to the next chapter.

JP posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd January 2008 5:04am for Homeward Bound

Truly awesome - I love the premise, and I think this is the first tiem I have ever seen a Culture/HP XOver, ranking this as a blend of two of my favourite genres. Thanks you for dreaming this up and writing it, I look forward with serious anticipation to any and all updates.
The Wombat

Conquistas posted a comment on Monday 21st January 2008 12:51pm for Homeward Bound

Very interesting story.

Just one question. Won't there be much less collateral damage (eg. a spare planet) if the Minds tried "Under-Jumping" in a pressured tin can (eg small basic ship) instead of a planet surface?