Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Saturday 10th June 2017 8:42am

It's been so long since you have updated this tale, which has always been one of my favorites, but thought i would have to let you you know that the distance from london to barcelona is less than a thousand miles (717 or according to Google). Gods, I wish you would update this tale among others. I truly think that you are gifted. This story and the other about Harry raised in the larger universe were just brilliant. Thanks for what you have done.

Trixtor posted a comment on Monday 20th January 2014 7:07am

I was always sad that this story never finished. It was one of the best.

Padfoot posted a comment on Friday 25th November 2011 11:10am

Ok, when I first read through this story I was pleased. There was a reluctant yet super!Harry. Having him struggle with his guilt and obsession over Hermione was a great plot point. I also loved reading about Technomancy.

Some things I didn't like: Ron. A thousand times Ron. I'm severely surprised that Harry still puts up with him given that in every conversation he has to scream his head off. And can't even keep up with basic points having to be explained and getting mad when they finally are. And while I loved Hermione in this, it seems like she's way to worrisome and 'poor baby Harry' all the time. You even make it dialogue that Hermione says 'Oh Harry' too much. My reaction was 'if I have to hear her say 'Oh Harry' one more time i'm gonna break something'. Obviously Harry had more tact.

And if this story isn't going to be continued please take down the In Progress tag and let us know that you aren't going to update it, a few years is enough after all

Mionefan posted a comment on Tuesday 31st May 2011 11:43pm

Hoping to see an update soon. The story is good with a few spelling errors that I can easily read past. I'm always surprised that Dumbledore hasn't figured that Harry is accessing future memories or else is a time traveller. BTW, the death of Lucius was particularly satisfying. I am surprised that Dumbledore hadn't used Legilimency on Draco (or that Snape didn't).
Since the guardian drones act so fast, I'm rather surprised that it didn't protect Hermione when Draco threw the portkey at her. You've already shown that it's fast enough to block the spells that the teachers threw at Harry, plus Hermione was already on alert. Yes, I know, you had to have Hermione abducted, but this was the lest plausible way to have it happen.
All in all, a most excellent story; I hope you finish it.

Mionefan posted a comment on Monday 25th April 2011 7:42pm

The story has been excellent so far. I think you missed one thing Harry was going to do: Colin and the picture he submitted to the Prophet. Admittedly it's a minor point since you've kept rather good track of all the other subplots. I'd like to see the Luna Ginny relationship advance a bit more, in that Ginny actually realizes what Luna's up to. (Personally, I'd rather see Luna interested in Neville, but that's just me).
You've managed to nicely marginalize Ron (and rather humorously as well), and kept Ginny away from Harry (odd). Looking forward to the completion of this story that looks like it could go quite a few chapters yet.

Mionefan posted a comment on Sunday 24th April 2011 5:02am

I'm really liking this rather offbeat story. There are so many places this one can go, and even though you've set a pace that will take you where you want, a little change here or there would have significant long term effects. At this point in the story, I can only see possibilities.

Zucht posted a comment on Wednesday 13th April 2011 12:16am

Excellent story! I hope you resume writing the rest of tyhe story soon.

thaumologist posted a comment on Friday 18th March 2011 3:36am

Well that's an awful place to leave it...

Loving the fic, humour is good, well paced, and doesn't delve too deeply. you keep a lot of things hidden from the reader, which I normally find slightly annoying, but as you haven't finished this, I find they annoy me more than slightly.

DFTBA
C

Robin Westerly posted a comment on Monday 14th March 2011 11:21pm

Please, Pleas, Please finish it?
It is brilliant!

Zevi posted a comment on Thursday 10th February 2011 1:17am

This story kept me up until 3am last night. :) I like the plot, the character development, and overall idea.

It looks abandoned, but I hope you'll finish it some day. (Or at least post how you were planning on finishing it.)

hercules1991 posted a comment on Sunday 28th November 2010 7:19pm

Will you be completing this story? I absolutely love it.

avidreaderbz posted a comment on Tuesday 28th September 2010 1:52am

Fasnatstic! But, gosh I was hoping for more, i thought it was a complete deal :(
bz x

Snag posted a comment on Saturday 31st July 2010 6:12am

I do hope you find the inspiration to continue this one day. This was a truly lovely read.

Snag posted a comment on Saturday 31st July 2010 5:04am

I'm currently downing this story in one gulp, but I had to pause and applaud the way you kept the tension running with this chapter. Edge of the seat the whole way through. Well done.

goku90504 posted a comment on Friday 23rd April 2010 6:36pm

Damn good story keep it up!!!!

Paul Blay posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd March 2010 11:03am

40 watts is way too low. Plasma weapons and lasers operate on different principles, but their main effect (highly-directed application of non-kinetic energy) is the same.

A very rough estimated scale shown below:

40W - fry an ant or sting and produce a dime sized area of 'sunburn'.

4kW - bad localized muscle damage with skingrafts needed later.

40kW - blow off an arm.

100kW - Blow up a mortar or small rocket.

I'd put 'vaporize a sausage' at somewhere between 4kW and 40kW. ;-)

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Sunday 3rd January 2010 11:18am

I read this some time ago, and it is still a quite good story although a few bits seemed out of place. I suppose the first one was that Harry did not try to hide his new abilities much, when doing so would have likely been advantageous. Oh, I'm not saying he should have kept them from his friends, but, certainly the way he arrived in Hogwarts was less than helpful and seemed not to be the result of a summer of planning an contemplation. Additionally, somewhere in the story you have him with a 40 watt plasma rifle that does insane damage. Forty watts is more or less what a refrigerator light bulb uses. I would suggest upping that to at least four thousand, which would be comparable to three electric heaters. Finally, I can't see introducing tribbles as being a good thing since it brings in a crossover for no good reason, although you could have probably done something that in some way reminded people of tribbles. Maybe there is animal that feeds on ambient magic or such...

Again, this is a quite good story. I hope you eventually get a chance to finish it.

Gaurav posted a comment on Thursday 31st December 2009 10:20am

hi mate
just wanted to know the status of this story
abandoned/hiatus/permanent hiatus/WIP/SLOW WIP
thanks

fx posted a comment on Sunday 15th November 2009 12:34pm

What if with the technomancy know how that Harry now posses, he could plant mini-bombs that can be triggered remotely inside Draco and Snape? That should make both of them behave more interestingly

pfeil posted a comment on Sunday 12th July 2009 1:43am

Yay, the planets. I actually just heard that live 2 weeks back, so I understood the reference this re-read.