Content Harry Potter

Reviews

ibskib posted a comment on Tuesday 28th January 2014 12:34am

It was an awesome sequel, and offered some nice little twists, especially liked the Pansy thing and her fascination with the puzzle. As well as a nicely done traditional horror ending.

jgkitarel posted a comment on Tuesday 29th October 2013 4:58am

I will admit, reading these again, especially after watching the Hellraiser series, well the first two. I have to get a hold of the rest of the movies, particularly Hellseeker, it seem. The first two honestly terrified me when I first saw them and they still creep me out even now, when I'm in my thirties.

Gatonio posted a comment on Saturday 19th February 2011 5:41pm

This was s creepy and yet such a fitting sequel to EBTMG. I thoroughly enjoyed it, cringed in horror at a few places and actually covered my eyes and shook my head from side-tos-side when it got especially gory.

Personally, I think the recurring nightmare of Draco's life as he goes through figuring out the mystery over and over again and realising the Hell he is in, is the greatest form of torture ever! He has to live through that mistake for the rest of forever.

*Shudders* Scary...

Aurilia posted a comment on Sunday 3rd January 2010 10:42pm

Suitably creepy - a true interpretation and adaptation of Barker's Hellraiser series in the greater 'verse of HP-land. I don't recall if I ever reviewed EBTMG, but I do tend to reread it whenever I'm in the mood for something darkly fascinating. Well done! Though I doubt you will ever return to this 'verse you've crafted, I am more than happy with the two stories as they stand - much more than this and you risk running repetitive and making an entrancing storyline dull and boring. Thank you for taking the time to pen these tales and sharing them with us all.

flynhghr posted a comment on Saturday 28th November 2009 11:25pm

Interesting, normally don't like crossovers, but this really isn't. Congratulations on a truly satisfying Draco torture fic. Although I have to admit Draco's personal hell was disturbingly like what I would Imagine Harry's to be. Waking up in a hospital repeatedly. I was severely dissapointed in the epilogue stating him to be a father in good enough public standing to show his face at platform 9.75

tangentsferret posted a comment on Tuesday 29th September 2009 6:24pm

Heh. "Dark Arts Artifact # 1138". Nice touch, I missed that before.

Fayra de Fane posted a comment on Thursday 9th July 2009 3:18am

Will there be another sequel? :)

Such a confusing plot, hmm... took me 3 hours to finally finish reading it. LOL (yeah, I was distracted all the while though.)

Thanks for sharing, I don't know if I enjoy reading it, but definitely finished it and felt satisfied of what happened.

Gena posted a comment on Sunday 28th June 2009 6:37am

Although none will ever bring the reader into such a horrific world as EBTMG, this sequels fits the genre. Great write!

nuclear death frog posted a comment on Sunday 15th March 2009 4:15am

I love this story and its prequel so very very much. They are most excellently excellent.

Kiritsu posted a comment on Monday 9th February 2009 1:09am

*wide-eyed*
and I though EBTMG was freaky...
I love that and this, but I need to remember to NEVER read this before bed again.

bookgod22 posted a comment on Tuesday 28th October 2008 5:07pm

Good story. good plot but i think EBTMG was better, in both originality and suspence because this was more like a series of flashphotos , and in EBTMG was having you imiresed in Harrys viewpoint so there was less foreshadowing and more reader surprise.

morriganscrow posted a comment on Friday 19th September 2008 11:22am

I've been a huge fan of Barker's for years, and, without a doubt, you are one of the few authors, amateur or professional, other than him, to do justice to the "Hellraiser" series/genre.

Uldihaa posted a comment on Friday 29th August 2008 11:52pm

You know, it's kinda scary just how good you are at capturing the 'feel' of the first two Hellraiser movies... *mutters to self* I'm gonna be sleeping with the lights on...again. Why do I do this to myself!? ANYWAY great job on this sequel.

Amusingly this part from EBTMG has always both creeped me out the most and seems to be the first faint hint of the rabid plot bunny that lead to this fic :

< Harry stared at her for a moment, thinking furiously though no sign of this showed on his face. He sat up slightly and leaned forward, a thin smile on his lips. "I can't show you how to open it," he said in a soft, almost mesmerising voice, "but I will give you a clue that'll help."

Hermione turned to look at him incredulously. "Harry?"

"I have to Hermione," Harry responded blandly, but with a dangerous intent beneath that blandness which only his friends were able to detect. "This is clearly for the good of all wizardkind. Especially our beloved Under-Secretary here."

"Right," agreed Ron, nodding in understanding. He smiled viciously at Umbridge. "Give her the clue, Harry."

"If she opens it, she deserves to see what's inside," concurred Ginny, also beginning to smile.

Seeing that Neville and Luna were also nodding in agreement, Hermione gave a small sigh before reluctantly giving her own consent to what Harry had planned. In fact, the more she thought about it, the better it sounded.

"Well... if it's for the greater good," she agreed. >

Now that this fic is out, it does seem to be a bit of unknowing foreshadowing :p

animekingmike posted a comment on Wednesday 20th August 2008 11:45am

fucking awesome!!!

Fanfic Guardian posted a comment on Wednesday 20th August 2008 5:44am

Excellent, as always.
I know the Cenobites are an original creation, but could you give me some pointers on what it actually is (book, series, films)?
I would like to see the original work.

Thanks.

Stine posted a comment on Monday 18th August 2008 10:11am

I absolutely loved Evil Be Thou My Good, so you can believe my utter pleasant surprise when I found out you had written a sequel of sorts. And fear not, All Problems Solved is in no way a failure.
I must admit that one of my favourite moments was when you referred to Marquis de Sade- an author which works I find gruefull and fantastically fascinating.

This is truly a piece of wonderful,nay, fantastic fanfiction- in fact it doesn't feel like fanfiction.
I am reallylooking forward to your next piece.
~Stine

Vongsawat posted a comment on Friday 8th August 2008 2:06pm

Ive only watched a small part of Hellraiser before frantically changing the channel to avoid nightmares and whilst that has left me guessing at some of the nuances of this fic it also affords me an almost unique experience at reading it. While Ive never actually watched that much of it i do remember Pinhead himself, the Chatterer and some dude surviving the whole ordeal.
still, faarrr too morbid and horrifying for my tastes >_>

Phht posted a comment on Friday 8th August 2008 11:15am

This thing kept me reading the entire time wondering what really happened and how they were out in the real world. It wasn't until the reveal near the end that I remembered that you can't escape from where the box was opened... and suddenly all the events made sense.

Now I want to watch the Hellraiser movies for the first time. The last time I successfully squashed that urge was when I read that other HP/Hellraiser fic of yours.

Nice work. :)

Wolfric posted a comment on Thursday 7th August 2008 7:00pm

Well written, but I probably won't spend that much time with Draco again soon. Thanks. W.

Mark Willson posted a comment on Thursday 7th August 2008 2:08am

Wow. I've never seen the Hellraiser films, but you succinctly covered the who's and whats.
I didn't even know this was a sequel, it's really good. Thanks.